I Have No Beef With Anyone- OJB Jezreel As He Thanks Nigerians And Asks People To Stop Donations

OJB speaking during the briefing
OJB speaking during the briefing
On the 9th of July, a press conference was held at the no 4 Gbaja Street, Surulere home of talented producer OJB Jezreel. During the briefing, which had present committee members like Nomoloss and DJ Gosperella, the ailing producer thanked Nigerians for their immense support and called off all donations as the needed N16 million naira has been raised.

Real name Babatunde Okungbowa, OJB revealed that he cannot embark on his medical sojourn for the kidney transplant immediately as his Urea level is still very high making it dangerous to travel at the moment. He added that he is currently undergoing aggressive dialysis 3 times a week at Lasuth in Lagos. The point of dialysis around his neck was also heavily plastered and visible to everyone present.
According to him:
“I Appreciate all those who stood by me one way or the other. I’m sincerely grateful and feel blessed that people could go miles just to make me well again. Now that I have gotten all the money needed for my medical bill, I want to officially put a stop to all forms of appeal or request in bid to save OJB. I want Nigerians to know that I have gotten the N16million needed for my treatment. Therefore, no donation should again be made to any source in respect of the said case. I will be going for my operation by mid August”, the producer said.WP_20130709_013
When asked about all the controversies surrounding donations or lack of it from it from colleagues, the soft spoken producer said: “Honestly, I have no beef with anyone. The truth is its been a very rough year in entertainment and everyone has their own struggles. Therefore I cannot hold it against anyone who for one reason or the other was able to help at this time. Moreover, its a voluntary donation.” He said.
He also thanked his colleagues who took time out of their busy schedule to be with him since the kidney issues started. “You know, this thing didn’t just start today, we’ve been on it for about two years. We only just came out recently when it become something we could no longer handle on our own. People like Jazzman Olofin have been there from the beginning, following me to the hospital for consultations, taking time out of his busy schedule to make himself available. I thank him and every one else. I count myself very lucky because many people have been battling with this type of ailment for years with no one to turn to. In my case, I was able to raise the needed sum, and even have many voluntary kidney donors. It’s just the grace of God” he added.
In addition to several donations by Nigerians and members of the entertainment industry, it will be recalled that OJB got a N16million donation from embattled Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi which he confirmed officially during the press briefing.
I Have No Beef With Anyone- OJB Jezreel As He Thanks Nigerians And Asks People To Stop Donations I Have No Beef With Anyone- OJB Jezreel As He Thanks Nigerians And Asks People To Stop Donations Reviewed by Unknown on 22:23 Rating: 5

No comments:

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Admin

Slider

Powered by Blogger.